Every year I’m convinced summer break somehow gets shorter and shorter! And when summer ends, school starts – which brings a whole world of stress with it. Brand new schedules to figure out, back-to-school nights, evenings spent reviewing homework assignments, and a seemingly endless amount of things on the “to-do” list.
If you’re like me, it’s difficult to stay on top of everything. And we haven’t even talked about the looming and daunting fact: We have to eat. Yep, it’s dinner-time and the kids are oh-so-hungry because they’ve been trying to adjust to a lot of new things too.
Those first few nights of transitioning from a carefree summer to a packed new school year often turn dinners into a Frankenstein assortment of whatever I find lurking in the bottom of the fridge. But not this year. This year we’re going to be prepared because we’re bringing you a whole new series of thirty brand new EASY recipes.
How We Developed the Recipes
Each recipe was developed with the following intentions:
- First and foremost: loads of flavor. You can expect ultra-flavorful and tasty meals — we shouldn’t need to sacrifice flavor in an attempt to have a quick dinner on the table!
- Little-to-no veggie chopping: Most of the recipes do not require you to chop veggies. We use a lot of store-bought shortcuts, which we explain in the post. If there is any chopping, it’s never more than 1 or 2 ingredients.
- Options: A lot of the recipes include options for store-bought shortcuts or homemade elements if you do find you have the extra time and desire to make something from scratch. Any time we recommend a particular product or procedure, you can trust that we’ve tried and verified it.
- Kid-friendly: With kids, I know the battle that mealtimes can create, so we’ve been very careful to create and share recipes our own kids enjoy. This is always a tricky thing because some kids are pickier than others. Hopefully, you’ll find the recipes are easy to adapt to your kid’s preferences or give them an opportunity to be more adventurous.
- Minimal ingredients: We aim to keep each recipe at around 10 main ingredients. That may vary a little, but when the recipes have more than 10 ingredients, we’re often including pantry staples that you likely already have on hand. We aren’t counting things like olive oil, salt, pepper, water, soy sauce, and seasonings the typical household has in this count.
What you can expect
We’ve worked hard to create, develop, test, and share 25 new recipes over this next month and a half. Each post will include:
- Step-by-step photo directions.
- A simple printable recipe.
- A video tutorial on how to make the recipe.
Follow the series (giveaways!)
Every day we’re going to be sharing a step-by-step tutorial on how to make each recipe (you’ll see just how easy they are!) over on Instagram. Be sure to follow the Instagram stories or catch up in the saved “highlights” section of Instagram. We’ll also be sharing reels (quick 30-second recipe tutorials) on Instagram and TikTok.
The full recipe videos will be shared on Facebook.
We’ll also be doing some fun giveaways on Instagram so be sure to turn on post notifications!
In addition to the 30 NEW dinner recipes, we’ll also be sharing 5 bonus recipes at the end of each week that are back-to-school snacks/treats. Again, these recipes will share step-by-step photo directions and have a video tutorial. We’ll also be sharing these bonus recipes on Instagram so be sure to tune in there!
We’d love to hear from you!
We are so excited for this series and beyond hopeful that these recipes are ones you’ll enjoy as you transition out of summertime. We’d love to hear your feedback in the comment sections of the recipes and what you think of the series. Thank you so much for supporting this website; having you here and hearing from you means the absolute world to me. ❤️